Driving Range ready for action! 3-31-2017
New concrete pad for driving range tee line. 3-29-2017
Driving Range Tee Line Realignment-3-2-20107
New putting green being shaped and contoured. 3-4-2017
Rain, Rain and more Rain. Practice green renovation starting. Tree removal first. 2-18-2017
Main line installation and trenching. 12-2-2016
View from “Old #1 Tee” Getting ready for Main Line installation. 12-1-2016 Photo taken from the “dirt” cart path that will lead to the “New #1 Tee”.
View from “Old #1 Tee” Drainage being installed. Updated 10-27-2016
Picture from “old #1 tee” looking down old #1 fairway. Updated 9-16-2016
Updated 7-10-2016 – rough grading completed.
Updated 9-5-2016 – Click on photo to zoom in.
Updated 8-30-2016 Click on photo to zoom in. updated 9-7-2016
Photo taken behind “OLD” #18 Green looking back up the fairway. 8-25-2016
Palo Alto Golf Course Reconfiguration Project
Lead Department: Public Works
Project Manager: Joe Teresi
Project began July 1, 2016
The project will result in the following:
1. Provide The Joint Power Authorities San Fransquito Creek Levee Project with the 7.4 acres needed inside Palo Alto Golf Course for their project. This project will decrease the chances of flooding to Palo Alto, East Palo Alto, and Menlo Park residents and businesses.
2. Provides the City with the opportunity to reconfigure all 18 holes of the golf course while retaining a regulation golf course with a par 71 that will have less managed turf and more native grasses.
3. The new golf course will use 35% less water, implement native and salt tolerant vegetation, increase wildlife habitat, replace a deteriorating irrigation system, and add 10.5 acres of more recreation space to the City of Palo Alto.
4. Improved customer experience and playing conditions – drainage, turf, and irrigation. Improved views of the Bay.
5. The new design will integrate the golf course with the Baylands theme.
6. New practice greens, expanded driving range, and youth golf area.
7. Replace all bunkers with new bunkers.
8. All new signage and furniture.